Monday, June 6, 2011

Francesco Totti Expecting Great Things From New Owners


Francesco Totti has said that he is expecting only the best from the AS Roma’s new owners.
The Italian side has been taken over by Thomas Di Benedetto and other American investors who already have majority shares in the Boston Red Sox and Liverpool.
The AS Roma captain told RMC : “I hope for a great Roma side that can win at international level as well as in Italy,”.
“The economic situation is the most important thing for a club. The Americans can do a lot for us and I expect a great deal from them.
“Of course, it’s also up to us to give back what the club owners provide. I hope the new stadium can be constructed before I hang up my boots.”
As for when that could be, Totti has grand ambitions for his twilight years.
“I certainly wouldn’t throw the Scudetto away if I won that, but the Champions League is the only trophy I haven’t won. If I win that, then I can retire.”
View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More