Saturday, May 19, 2012

"My adventure with Arsenal is over"

Arsenal will bid farewell to the 27 year-old goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski this summer, with the Pole telling reporters in Poland that he hopes his career at Arsenal is coming to an end, with people working on his behalf to manoeuvre a departure.

Fabianski has been playing infrequently due to the establishment of Wojciech Szczesny as Arsenal's number one in goal, and has therefore been restricted to only six appearances during the 2011/12 season - none of which have come in the League. He said:

"I hope that my adventure with Arsenal is over. I told the boss my opinion, what are my goals, etc. He spoke too. At this moment I want to focus on Euro 2012, but the right people are already working on my departure."
The Arsenal number 2 joined the club in 2007 from Polish club Legia Warszawa, but has never been able to pin his name regularly on the team-sheet, having made various mistakes throughout his Arsenal career.

In five seasons playing for the North London club, Fabianski has played 62 games, keeping 18 clean sheets and conceding 67 goals.

A new start for a goalkeeper with a reputation in England for either injuries or unreliability would be a good career move, as he certainly will not be getting game time with Arsenal as long as the strong, reliable Szczesny remains fit.

View the original article here

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More